Movember was already common in football, however as this year’s partnered charity is Prostate UK it is even more prominent than ever. Team Boro Tash have been growing their moustaches, and their donation pots since the start of the month with a figure of £650 already reached! We don’t want to stop there though, so donate if you can and let’s do everything we can to help give money to such a worthy cause.
Earlier this week Boro Player spoke to some of those getting involved so sign into your account now for a chance to hear their thoughts and just why they are getting involved, and also see who is getting the most progress! Talk to us on twitter @stevenagefc and @prostateuk, and make sure you include #teamborotash and #movember!
To donate to Team Boro Tash’s page simply go to uk.movember.com and search for ‘Boro Tash’. Thank you in advance to all those who get involved and those who donate, the money goes to a very worthy cause.
Did you know…
- The average life expectancy for men in the UK is four years less than women
- More than 1 in 3 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
- Prostate, colon, lung and breast cancers account for over half of the cancer diagnosis in the UK
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men in the UK. Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer ever year and there are 250,000 men currently living with the disease
- 1 in 9 men in the UK are likely to face prostate cancer in their lifetime. This is comparable to the 1 in 9 women that are estimated to get breast cancer