A fantastic opportunity has arisen within a unique environment for two Sport Scientists (one undergraduate and one postgraduate) to work within our Academy Department.
This support will extend through all academy age groups (U9-U18’s) in accordance with the EPPP. We are looking for highly motivated and committed individuals with an excellent skill set to plan, deliver and assist to aid performance in our academy players.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES will include:
• Plan, assist and deliver on-field conditioning and gym based periodised programmes
• Support the medical and conditioning department with players individual and group development
• Plan and implement psychological profiling of academy players
• Deliver academy conditioning sessions, to U9-U16 players
• Ensure appropriate pre, during, and post nutritional strategies are implemented
• Aid with daily hydration testing and core stability sessions
• Report directly to Head of Academy (Darren Sarll)
• Undergraduate or postgraduate BSc or MSc Sports Science or equivalent.
• Background in sport science/strength and conditioning
• Strong interest in professional sport
• Internship positions are unpaid
• You will need to be available to work evenings and weekends
• Excellent interpersonal skills are essential
For further information and to apply please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com and you will be contacted in due course.
We are looking to appoint these positions ASAP and therefore interviews and closing deadline for applications will take place once successful candidates have been identified.