A short while ago we confirmed the deadline day loan signing of Cardiff City striker Danny Johnson on a month long loan deal.
If Danny is an unfamiliar name to you then worry not. Here are 10 things to learn about our new loan frontman...
1. Danny began his career as a youngster with Middlesbrough
2. He went through the youth ranks at Hartlepool, scoring 21 goals for the youth team in 2010/11 but was released without making a first team appearance.
3. He moved to Spain with Real Murcia before spending time with Rochdale, Harrogate Town and Billingham Synthonia.
4. In March 2013 Danny joined Guisborough Town, scoring six goals in nine appearances
5. Last season he scored 59 goals in all competitions, helping his side to win the North Riding Senior Cup and he (unsurprisingly) finished as top scorer in Division 1 of the Northern Football League.
6. At the end of last season he received a whole host of awards including the Northern Football League’s Young Player of the Year award and BBC Newcastle’s Player of the Year Award.
7.Danny signed for Cardiff City in August 2014 after a successful pre-season with the Bluebirds
8. Danny also attracted interest from former club Middlesbrough, Huddersfield and Carlisle before securing his move to the Cardiff City Stadium
9. In October 2014 he joined Tranmere Rovers on a one-month loan deal. He went on to make five appearances, scoring one, and played 58 minutes of the 2-2 draw with Stevenage at Prenton Park
10. Danny is on Twitter – follow him @Johnson11Danny!
Stevenage are away at Mansfield this weekend so the first time you’ll be able to see Danny in action at The Lamex Stadium is against Bury next Tuesday 10th February. Further details on that fixture can be found here.