Special roles available at the Southend game this half term for 7-12 year olds
There's just a matter of days left for young Boro fans to apply for a number of special roles at our forthcoming Kids Takeover this February half term.
We’re giving our younger fans aged between 7 and 12 the chance to apply for a number of special roles here at The Lamex Stadium for the Southend home game on Saturday 21st February, including three opportunities on the day and the chance for two other lucky youngsters to visit Bragbury End earlier in the week to interview the manager and players!
The deadline for entries is midday on Friday 13th February and we've had some great entries coming in already, so make sure your youngster doesn't miss out on their chance! Below you can find a description of all the roles and what you can expect, plus a link to our quick online application form.
Chairman for the Day - Saturday 21st February v Southend
Phil Wallace is away on business in the USA so we’re giving one lucky youngster the opportunity to take his place for the day. We’re after one smartly dressed youngster who will be happy to sit in luxury for a game and watch from the best seats in the house!
• You and upto three family members can park in the chairman’s space and enter through the Director’s Entrance
• Enjoy pre-match hospitality in the board room and mingle with our club directors and other VIP guests
• Take your seats in the Directors Box for the game
• Enjoy refreshments at half-time and full-time
Notes: Smart dress code is required in our Board Room – no jeans are allowed.
Match Day PA Assistant - Saturday 21st February v Southend
Accompany our regular PA team as they lead our pre-match and half-time entertainment including the Community Countdown Challenge and the STS Tyre Pro Challenge. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, confident youngster who won’t mind speaking on the microphone (don’t worry, we can practice beforehand!)
• Help interview our mascots on the microphone
• Visit the PA box and discover how our team play the music and update the scoreboard
• Help read the teams out pre-match on the microphone
• Enjoy the game with up to three family members from seats in the main stand
Notes: Warm clothing and suitable footwear to be worn on the day. Tickets for up to three accompanying family members will be provided.
Match Day Media Assistant - Saturday 21st February v Southend
TV, radio and written media attend each Stevenage FC game and now you can join them. We’re after a wannabe journalist to take a look behind-the-scenes and see what our media team get up to on a match day.
• Collect your press pass for the day which will allow you exclusive access around the stadium.
• Shadow our press officer as he collect the line-ups from the two teams and help our club secretary type up the official team sheets
• Watch the game from the press box and observe how the different journalists work
• Watch the manager and player interviews after the game. You can even have your own post-match interview in front of the camera if you like!
Notes: Tickets will be provided adjacent to the press box for up to 3 accompanying family or friends
Bragbury End Reporter – Thursday 19th February (midday-1.30pm approx)
Fancy visiting the Bragbury End training ground during the half-term break? We’re after two budding young journalists who fancy a sneaky peak around the training ground and asking Graham Westley and players some questions.
• Tour of the Bragbury End building
• Watch training
• Observe the weekly press conference with Graham Westley and the local press and ask your own questions!
• Enjoy lunch in the training building
Notes: Winners will need to be available to visit Bragbury End training ground from midday until approximately 1.30pm on Thursday 19th February and must be accompanied by an adult. Photos and video of your visit may be taken for media purposes. Food requirements will be discussed with the winners.
Links you may find useful
Junior Fans at Stevenage FC
Read our First Time Guide here