Stevenage FC has an upcoming vacancy for its Head of Finance role.
Job Description: Head of Finance
Location: Stevenage Football Club, The Lamex Stadium, Stevenage
Hours: 30x hours per week (flexible) / 30 min lunch per day.
Reporting directly to the Club’s CEO, and also performing ad hoc tasks for the Chairman as and when required, the Head of Finance is responsible for the overall finance management, monthly and annual accounts, business analysis and management report information. Duties to include:
- Accurate and timely preparation of monthly and annual management and financial accounts including preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet for the football club, variance analysis to budget, forecasts and plans, departmental expense analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide an accurate and timely financial service, including setting and monitoring budgets, forecasts and cash flow analysis and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s finance and accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Accountable for annual audit processes and VAT calculation and timely submission.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate and providing financing analysis and guidance on all activities, plans targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that the company’s financial system is accurate, robust, compliant and supports current activities and future growth.
- Form a close working relationship with the Chairman, CEO and other senior members of staff.
- Work with Department Heads to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Present monthly / annual accounts to the Board and CEO.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Responsible for all aspects of RPF Ltd, including Sales & Purchase Ledger, banking and Management Reporting.
- Oversee all accounting & Reporting for Lily’s Day Nursery, including review of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Complete ONS requests accurately and timely, including HR data.
- Monitor, post and reconcile all credit card transactions.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are produced and reviewed monthly, for all three companies.
- Qualified member of an accountancy body and needs to be a qualified accountant.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong person, with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to handle pressure and crucial decision making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Passion for excellence and highly motivated to support business growth.
- Committed to achieving deadlines and willing to work flexibly to achieve these.
- Management or supervisory experience required.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
. Closing date: Friday 30th October 2015.