Stevenage Football Club Academy is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, talented, confident and hard-working individual to join our coaching team at The Lamex Stadium.
Currently in League Two and operating a Category Three Academy, Stevenage is an ideal club for a knowledgeable and enthusiastic coach, who loves the game and takes great pride in the professional development of young players and themselves. Working within the Academy structure the successful candidate will be able to accelerate their coaching by working with a great variety of players from U7-U23 and in very close proximity to our first team.
Job Title: Head of Academy Goalkeeping (Part Time)
Reports To: Academy Manager
Direct Reports: None
Internal – Academy Players, Academy Manager, Academy Head of Coaching, Academy Coaching Staff, Lead Academy Physio, Lead S&C Coach, Head of Academy Recruitment, Academy Operations Manager
External – Opposition Club Coaches, Parents
Budgetary Responsibilities: None
Location: Based at Shephalbury Sports Academy, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG2 8NP
Hours: Tuesday afternoon and evening, Thursday evening or Friday evening, Saturday morning (fixture), Sunday morning (fixture)
Job Purpose: To develop and implement a fully comprehensive goalkeeping syllabus for the Foundation, Youth Development and Professional Development Phases (making it age specific) including the Shadow Squads, Development Centre and Talent ID Centre
Remuneration: £200 per week
Role Responsibilities & Key Duties
1. To deliver the coaching syllabuses daily within your working timetable
2. To record player attendance and submit session plans for every session delivered within the 9-18 Academy Programme via the Performance Management Application (PMA)
3. To evaluate and cross reference learning objectives to the individual’s outcomes
4. To provide relevant feedback to line managements as required
5. To take a multidisciplinary approach to working using the expertise of sports science and medical staff as well as outfield coaching staff and senior coaching staff
6. To submit all Academy goalkeeping reviews for the 9-12’s every 12 weeks
7. To submit all Academy goalkeeping reviews for the 13-18’s every 6 weeks
8. To submit all Development & Shadow Goalkeeping reviews for the 9-16’s every 6 weeks
9. To attend all stipulated sessions in line with the Academy Coaching Timetable
10. To contribute to the recruitment & trial process of the programme when required
11. To attend Saturday and Sunday fixtures where applicable
12. To attend scouting duties for the First Team when required
13. To attend all Academy Management Team meetings where applicable
14. To assist with the scholar decision making process where applicable
15. To undertake appropriate professional development in line with English Football League rules and regulations
16. To support additional goalkeeping coaching staff when required
17. To take part and where required lead in the in-house delivery and pastoral care of our young player.
18. To complete any other duties as deemed reasonable by the Academy Manager or First Team Manager
Please click here for the Person Specification.
To apply for the role, please complete an Application Form and submit your CV to Jorden Gibson at JordenG@stevenagefc.com
. The deadline for applications is Friday 2nd September 2016.
Stevenage Football Club is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment. This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared”. Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
The English Football League has introduced positive action measures aimed at tackling the under-representation of coaches and managers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethic (BAME) backgrounds. New regulations require clubs to shortlist at least one suitably qualified BAME candidate (where an application has been received) for all roles in Academy football that require a UEFA A or UEFA B Licence. As part of the application process, you will therefore be asked to declare your ethnicity.
The employee must at all time carry out their duties with due regard to Stevenage Football Club policies and procedures. The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.