Two more Stevenage scholars have seen goals shortlisted for the LFE Goal of the Month competition.
After Claudio Ofosu won the August competition for his stunner against Barnet, excellent goals from Andronicos Georgiou (v Luton) and Luke Slater (v MK Dons) have made the 10-goal shortlist for October and now we need your help to vote for them!
Ten sumptuous goals have been shortlisted by League Football Education, in the latest instalment of Goal of the Month. Showcasing the very best of Under-18 Academy football, this month’s competition is as competitive and coruscating as ever.
• Andronicos Georgiou, STEVENAGE v Luton Town #LFEGOALA
• Danny Divine, Southend Utd v GILLINGHAM
• Dylan Garnett, Shrewsbury Town v BURTON ALBION
• Joe Re, NOTTINGHAM FOREST v Bristol City
• Luke Slater, STEVENAGE v MK Dons #LFEGOALE
• Mason Saunders, MILLWALL v Sheffield Wednesday
• Ryan Giles, WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS v Man Utd
• Sam Nombe, MK DONS v Leyton Orient
• Tyrone Tucker, BRISTOL ROVERS v Exeter City
• Matt Mayes, PORTSMOUTH v Swindon Town,
Voting will remain open until noon on 18 November. To vote for your favourite goal use this online poll
or register your preference on Twitter, including @LFEonline and either #LFEGOALA or #LFEGOALE.
LFE was established by The English Football League (EFL) and The Professional Footballers’ Association in 2004. It is tasked with managing the Apprenticeship (AASE) programme at EFL clubs and is currently responsible for around 1300 apprentices at 77 football clubs. The programme is funded by The Skills Funding Agency (SFA), The European Social Fund (ESF) and via football. LFE has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ across all areas of its provision’ by Ofsted.