Following the promotion of our previous Academy Physiotherapist to our First-Team, Stevenage Football Club Academy are looking for a local qualified Chartered Physiotherapist to join the football club's growing Sports Science & Medical Team.
The successful candidate would be an experienced Chartered Physiotherapist who possesses sports experience to provide and lead consistent medical cover across the Academy. This would suit a motivated and ambitious individual keen to acquire further experience of working in an elite football environment.
The vacancy is an excellent opportunity, with the club constantly looking at promoting and developing staff as well as our players through regular CPD and training sessions.
Includes evening injury rehabilitation clinics (up to two evenings per week between 5.45pm to 8.30pm) and provide pitch side medical cover at under 18 and overseeing the Sports Therapists appointed to academy matches played on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for:
- Day to day running of the Medical department working with the Full time Scholars on a daily basis, before, during, and after training sessions.
- Providing pitch side medical cover at STEVENAGE FC academy (U9 - U18) fixtures at weekends or evenings.
- Providing weekday evening injury diagnosis and rehabilitation clinics (5.45pm - 8.30pm)
- Working collaboratively with Coaching Staff, Sports Scientists and S&C Coaches to implement injury prevention education and interventions.
- Clinical ability to screen footballers for ailments which predispose players to injury.
- Administrative ability to input medical notes into a Premier League 'Player Management Application' (computerised medical notes system).
- Communicate well with Academy Manager, Coaches, Club Doctor and fellow medical staff including the first-team physiotherapist, with the opportunity for CPD & training sessions.
- Demonstrate medical confidentiality.
- Promoting anti-doping and player welfare
- Academy Chartered Physiotherapist Key Attributes:
- Bsc in Physiotherapy (essential).
- Health Professional Council registration (essential).
- Member of CSP (essential)
- Experience of working as part of an MDT team (essential).
- Experience of working within a musculoskeletal speciality (essential)
- Possess a first aid at work course or equivalent e.g BLS course (essential)
- Experience of working with paediatrics (desirable)
- Experience of working within a professional sporting environment (desirable)
- Previous experience of leading/supervising staff (desirable)
- Possess the FA Intermediate or Advanced First Aid for Sport qualification (desirable)
- Possess or willingness to complete the FA Safeguarding Children qualification (essential)
- Excellent team work and communication skills (essential)
- The ability to commute to venues within the South East (essential)
Recruitment is subject to DBS clearance.
Stevenage FC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Please click here for the full job specification
How to apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th October 2016.