Reporting directly to the Club’s CEO, and performing ad-hoc tasks for the Chairman as and when required, the Head of Finance is responsible for the Club’s overall finance management, monthly and annual accounts, business analysis and management report information.
- Location: Stevenage Football Club, The Lamex Stadium, Stevenage
- Part Time; Flexible 25-30 hours per week.
- Salary: TBD
He/she will be a qualified member of an accountancy body and needs to be a qualified accountant. The successful candidate will be commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
Good communication skills at all levels and an ability to handle pressure and crucial decision making is important. We would expect candidates to be committed to achieving deadlines and willing to work flexibly to achieve these.
Duties to include:
- Accurate and timely preparation of monthly and annual management and financial accounts, forecasts and plans, departmental expense analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Setting and monitoring budgets, forecasts and cash flow analysis and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
- Accountable for annual audit processes and VAT calculation and timely submission.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision making as appropriate and providing financing analysis and guidance on all activities, plans targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that the company’s financial system is accurate, robust, compliant and supports current activities and future growth.
- Form a close working relationship with the Chairman, CEO and other senior members of staff.
- Work with Department Heads to grow the business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Oversee all accounting and reporting for Lily’s Day Nursery, including review of Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Complete ONS requests accurately and timely, including HR data.
- Monitor, post and reconcile all credit card transactions.
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are produced and reviewed monthly
Stevenage FC is an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.