Stevenage FC is looking to bring on-board a Placement Student for the 2018/2019 season to work with the First Team Sports Science and Strength/Conditioning staff...
The position would be suitable for current University Students studying a relevant degree, who are looking for a sandwich placement role, or who are graduating this summer and are looking for a full time placement. Please note that it is an expenses only paid role.
- Report to Head of Sports Science
- Be punctual, organised, act in a professional manner and be dressed smartly & appropriately at all times
- Help to produce a positive working environment within the department and club
- Always be looking to broaden your knowledge, helping to bring fresh new ideas to the department
- Endeavour to attend Club CPD Events
- Abide by Club Social Media Guidelines
- Assist in organising and periodising individual and team based sessions
- Assist in planning and delivery of individual and team prehab, strength, conditioning, fitness, rehab and recovery sessions
- Attend morning medical meeting & Liaise with Head of Sports Science and Medical Staff
- Ensure monitoring equipment is available for players (urine samples, weights, HR, GPS etc.)
- Collect and analyse hydration sample and morning wellbeing data (including weights)
- Ensure correct type and quantity of fluids available for players throughout the day (Fill fridges of a morning; Make training drinks; Gym area etc.)
- Assist with daily injury prevention screens & sessions
- Ensure HR & GPS Systems are ready for training
- Clean and Monitor monitoring units and equipment
- Collect relevant morning data and input into monitoring system
- Help to set up morning sessions
- Help to conduct/deliver morning and activation/prehab/pitch/gym sessions
- Assist with delivery and monitoring of training session (including monitoring of live GPS & HR)
- Help to conduct individual rehab and fitness sessions (record and asses)
- Support cool down and collect relevant post-training data (including RPE’s & weights)
- Help to set up afternoon sessions
- Conduct/Assist with delivery and monitoring of afternoon sessions
- Liaise with Head of Sports Science about daily monitoring and data collection
- Assist and conduct analysis of HR & GPS Systems and create outputs, updating any individual and group templates/databases
- Ensure health, safety and hygiene guidelines have been adhered to
- Update personal logbook/diary/journal
- Organise for the next day
- Attend daily debrief
Stevenage FC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply directly with a Covering Letter & CV to Head of Sports Science, Craig Smith.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Monday 2nd April 2018.