Stevenage FC Foundation is seeking highly motivated, responsible, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work within its expanding community programme...
The Foundation is looking to add an Education Mentor to oversee the brand new FdSc Community Football Coaching and Development degree launching in September 2019 in partnership with the University of South Wales (USW) at The Lamex Stadium in Stevenage. The Education Mentor will support, mentor and teach a group of students enrolled on the programme, facilitating tasks and provided collective and individual support to maximise student’s successful completion of the FdSc programme.
- Job Title: Education Mentor
- Reports To: Head of Education & School Sport
- Location:Stevenage FC Foundation, The Lamex Stadium, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, SG2 8RH
- Contract:Fixed Term Part Time (until August 2021, view to extend subject student recruitment)
- Salary: £18,300 p/a (pro rata) - 20 hours per week
To support students enrolled on the FdSc Community Football Coaching and Development degree with completion of tutorial tasks, overseeing the student’s participation in distance learning webinars and manage student’s adherence to deadlines on a weekly basis.
The candidate must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, alongside good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). The role will include liaison with the Course Team at USW to build a positive and productive relationship that gives students the best learning experience, supporting students to attend residential teaching blocks, ensure that the learning environment at The Lamex Stadium remains at the highest standard and leading the recruitment for new cohorts of students on an annual basis.
As part of your involvement with Stevenage FC Foundation the following benefits are available to staff:
- Stevenage FC staff kit provided relevant to the role
- Free onsite car parking
- Access to bespoke CPD from our partners including Premier League, English Football League Trust, The FA, Professional Footballers Association, NCS Trust and other key partners
- Company laptop to complete the role
- Opportunities to work match days at Stevenage FC
- A pension scheme is available for eligible applicants
Are you Eligible:
To be eligible for shortlisting a candidate must meet the essential criteria (listed below)
How to Apply:
If you meet the essential criteria (as a minimum) and are interested in applying, please complete the attached application form* and send along with your CV and a covering letter addressed to Joe Goude either by email email@example.com or post, marked “Private & Confidential”, to: Joe Goude, Head of Foundation, Stevenage FC Foundation, The Lamex Stadium, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, SG2 8RH.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 4th September, 5pm
Interview date: Friday 6th September 2019
Successful applicants will be required to take part in a sit-down interview.
*Please note that the job will be subject to satisfactory references and DBS checks (where relevant). Stevenage FC Foundation is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE JOB PACK