Chairman Phil Wallace provides a comprehensive update regarding the North Stand construction...
Completed as of 1st July 2019:
- Sub structure ground works are completed. We have removed the old UK Power station to outside the stand footprint, building a new one for UK Power and re-routing the mains cables, gas and water supplies. Once this work had been completed, we were able to pour the concrete foundations for the steels and provide a flat surface for the lifting cranes.
- Steel structure work is completed. Steel girders were bolted to the concrete foundations and tied together to form a frame. Concrete terraces were then fitted and cladding installed to the roof and gable ends.
- Floors constructed. This involved laying drains and introducing layers of compacted stone, insulation and concrete pour to achieve the levels required. We have built internal insulated walls below the stand to create our new toilets, tea bar and sports bar/conferencing room.
- Internal rooms have been constructed and materials ordered to begin the fit out of the Upper section to provide toilets and a refreshment bar.
- Old turnstile block in the North West corner demolished. New levels and an elevated disabled section and stairs introduced to replace the previous slope.
- New turnstile block walls and foundation built, making way for four new automatic turnstiles.
Still to Do:
- We still have a lot to do – fire retardant will be applied to the steels next week, with seats going in at the end of July.
- Poor weather has set us back a few weeks and we now expect to finish the front cladding, windows and entrance by the end of July.
- Toilets will also be almost complete by the end of July, but we expect the electrical and air conditioning to take us well into August before it is ready for us.
It is our intention to give you a monthly update from now on, so that you can be more informed about when the North Stand will be completed. As of today, we can provide the following expected timetable:
- New electronic turnstiles to be operational in the North West corner in-time for the first Pre-Season Friendly.
- New turnstiles for the East and North entrances to be completed by early August.
- New LED screen to be working for the first home game of the season on Saturday 10th August.
- Access to the new North Stand seats, toilets and refreshment bar to be operational by the end of August.
- Access to the new Bar area, kitchen and toilets to be operational by October.
All the best,