Stevenage Football Club is recruiting a Groundskeeping & Grounds Maintenance Assistant to join its team...
The primary purpose of this role is to work as part of the Grounds Team to help maintain and general upkeep of the Stevenage FC Training Centre at Bragbury End, the Stevenage FC Academy at Shephalbury and the Lamex Stadium on Broadhall Way.
The successful applicant will be expected to carry out - but will not be restricted to - the following duties:
- Maintenance of the amenity landscapes, including hand and ride on cutting of grass areas and pitches
- Strimming around trees, car parks, hedges and sprinklers
- Gardening such as disposing of cuttings, leaves and debris, as well as hand weeding sensitive areas around plants and paths where chemical control is not permitted
- Wide use of machinery in renovation of grass areas, such as use of aerators, scarification, hand seeding and seeders
- Pedestrian and ride on grass cuts of football pitches and surrounds
- Watering plants and other associated areas with hand held equipment
- Assisting in the renovation of pitches using equipment associated with this process e.g. tractor clean-up work
- Marking out pitches
- Assisting with deliveries, manual handling of bags of sand, sand soil, fertilizer bags and seed bags ranging from 20-25kg
- Cleaning equipment stores and associated wash down areas
- Operation of tractor and trailers when carrying out multiple jobs
- Ad-hoc duties as and when required across all detailed sites
Interested individuals can find out further information about the role by clicking on the Job Description below.
To apply, write or email the Club outlining your suitability for the role in the form of a Cover Letter and CV.
- Postal Applications: Stevenage Football Club, The Lamex Stadium, Broadhall Way, Stevenage, Herts, SG2 8RH
- Email Applications: Lindsayp@stevenagefc.com
The deadline for applications is Monday 20th May 2019, with interviews scheduled for Monday 27th May 2019. The successful applicant will be expected to start in June 2019 subject to notice periods.
Stevenage Football Club is committed to being an equal opportunities provider and welcomes applicants from all members of the community. Should you require assistance with your application please contact the Club in advance of your submission.