The deadline for young Stevenage supporters to apply for the 2019/20 Kids' Takeover has been extended until midnight on Thursday 5th September 2019...
Taking place on Saturday 14th September at Stevenage FC's home fixture against Carlisle United, the 2019/20 Kids' Takeover will be the fifth of its kind.
This year we have more roles open than ever before, with the opportunity for U12s to play the part of Manager, Chairman, Kit Person, PA Announcer, Media Assistant, Commentator, Photographer, Safety Officer, Groundsperson and even Referee.
Applicants are asked to think carefully about which roles they would like to apply for, taking into account the following information:
- Mini Manager: Meet the First Team players and staff, help pick the team and watch the warm-ups from the home dug-out. Pen notes for the Matchday Programme and give your post-match verdict to the press after the game.
- Mini Chairman: Dine in the Boardroom and watch the game from the best seats in the house - the Directors Box.
- Mini Kit Person: Help Keith the Kit Man throughout the day as he prepares all of the First Team equipment.
- Mini PA Announcer: Announce the teams and read out all the latest news to the Lamex Stadium crowd from the pitch.
- Mini Media Assistant: Join the Stevenage FC Media Team and help run the club's official social media accounts.
- Mini Commentator: Join the BBC 3 Counties Radio Commentary Team throughout the afternoon, delivering reports and commentary to the masses.
- Mini Photographer: Work alongside Stevenage FC's Official Club Photographer, Jim Steele to capture the best photos from the game.
- Mini Safety Officer: Keep a watchful eye of events from the Control Room and join the Safety Team for the day.
- Mini Referee: Inspect the pitch, check the team sheets, warm-up with the Officials and take part in the pre-match photo ahead of the big game.
- Mini Groundsperson: Work alongside the Grounds Team to help get the pitch and stadium ready for the big kick-off.
To apply for one or more of these roles, please email Dan Branowsky by midnight on Thursday 5th September 2019 with the name of the role/s as the subject header, detailing reasons why you would like to take part.
Budding applicants should be under the age of 12 and are expected to demontrate their support for the club, their interest in the role and why they think they would be the best person for the job. Good luck!