Stevenage FC Foundation is hosting an Opening Evening on Wednesday 26th February 2020 for prospective students of their Community Football Coaching Degree...
Stevenage FC Foundation’s two-year Foundation Degree programme is a course designed for individuals wanting to attain a university qualification and are passionate about pursuing a career in the football industry.
Students develop the necessary skills, qualities and characteristics that are required to work within professional football club community departments or national governing bodies.
Delivered in partnership with the University of South Wales, all lectures, seminars and tutorials are delivered in a supportive and inspirational club environment via online material.
Alongside the academic element of the course, students will complete up to 200 hours of voluntary coaching within the community, alongside the Foundation staff, allowing the students to embed and develop the coaching techniques learnt within lectures.
Through the Foundation's partnership with the University of South Wales, all students will be enrolled as a student at the university. Students will be able to access the university’s online library, blackboard and learning materials, providing them with the best possible learning platform to excel within.
YEAR ONE: FOUNDATION DEGREE COMMUNITY FOOTBALL COACHING
- Football Event Management
- Academic Research and Professional Skills
- Introduction to Sports Development
- Introduction to Sports Science for Football
- Football Coaching: Theory to Practice
- Technical Planning and Reflective Practice in Football
YEAR TWO: FOUNDATION DEGREE COMMUNITY FOOTBALL COACHING
- Football In Society
- Project Operations Management
- Youth Football Coaching
- PE and School Sport
- Sport Placement
- FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football
- The course costs students £9,000 per academic year; however, this cost is covered by student finance.
- August 2020
PREREQUISITES TO APPLY
- BTEC Level 3 – MPP. A Level - DD
- Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check
- Three A*-C grades at GCSE, including English and maths
If you are interested in the Foundation Degree the Foundation are hosting our next open evening on Wednesday 26th February. To book a place at an open evening please email our Education Mentor, Lucy Burdin via firstname.lastname@example.org