Ahead of Saturday's home game against Grimsby Town, we spoke to BBC Radio Humberside and voice of the Mariners, John Tondeur...
- What were the expectations of Grimsby fans going into this season?
"Expectations were fairly high when last season was curtailed- but the impact of Covid has seen Grimsby rightly adopt a cautious approach which meant the departure of several players and signing a lot of players from lower leagues or on loan which has reduced this expectation."
- How has Ian Holloway settled into life at Blundell Park?
"Ian Holloway has thrown himself into life up here, moving to the area and buying shares in the club. The fans have responded well to him and have supported him so far."
- Grimsby and Stevenage have both had similar starts to the season – how have they looked from their opening eight games?
"Apart from the fantastic victory at Cheltenham, the team have flattered to deceive a bit so far. They are ok until they get to the box but then lack a cutting edge. Leading striker James Hanson is just returning from injury and some of the replacements have struggled."
- Who is Grimsby’s one to watch on Saturday?
"On loan striker Owen Windsor has looked good at times as has Owura Edwards who is a very tricky player- if he recovers from injury. Young defender Matty Pollock is already attracting interest from bigger clubs."
- What’s your score prediction for the game?
"Ian Holloway will be looking for a victory as he always does and a lot depends on who is available. Can see a 1-1 draw!"
Saturday's match vs Grimsby Town is available for supporters to watch LIVE! Please click here for more information.