Ahead of Saturday's first league game of the 2020/21 season, we spoke to Adam Johnson of BBC Cumbria to discuss all things Barrow...
- There must be a lot of excitement around the place, being back in the Football League for the first time in 48 years, what’s the feeling amongst the fans?
"A positive one, off the back of everything. Being back in the EFL has massively lifted everyone. Two great performances against Derby and Blackpool has continued that positive vibe amongst the fans."
- How have Barrow looked so far during pre-season and their first two competitive matches as an EFL side?
"It was a weird pre-season with the majority of the games being played at the club’s training ground. However, from what I have seen Barrow have looked good. They have carried on the possession football that previous manager Ian Evatt introduced and they are going to be a solid, well structured that are tough to beat."
- How do you think Barrow will fair in Sky Bet league two this season?
"I think Barrow will do well. They are a good, attacking, possession-based side. They caused problems for both Derby and Blackpool, who are good sides and I think a prediction of mid-table is a fair assumption."
- Who are the players to look out for ahead of Saturday’s game?
"Mike Jones was one of the top midfielders in league two last season for Carlisle and joined Barrow in the summer and has looked very good during pre-season. Louis Hardcastle also has looked strong in pre-season and looks like he could be the guy to fill the void that has been left by John Rooney."
- Finally, what’s your score predication for Saturday?
"With my Barrow hat on, I am going for 2-0 home win."