Mariners visit the Lamex for second home game of the campaign…
Key Matchday Info...
- Advance priced tickets are available until 5pm on Friday in the club shop, or midnight at borotickets.co.uk. Tickets will also be available at matchday prices on the turnstiles for home fans ONLY.
- GTFC supporters should be aware that there will be NO cash entry on the turnstiles. Turnstile entry will be ticket only and it is advised that fans purchase in-advance. Grimsby Supporters will also be able to buy tickets from the Matchday Ticket Office.
- Can all West Stand regulars please note that Turnstile 21 (South entry to the West Stand) will be open to Grimsby supporters ONLY.
- At the request of police, the Broadhall Suite will only be open to Stevenage supporters for this weekend's fixture against Grimsby Town. Fans will need either a Match Ticket, Season Ticket or SA membership card to gain entry.
- The Club Shop & Ticket Office are open from midday on Saturday.
- Free parking is available across the A602 in Fairlands Valley car park. Please note not to park in the nearby retail parks.
- Use our Arriva Shuttle Bus service which runs from the Bus Station and Railway Station to The Lamex Stadium for just £1.50 return.
- The bus leaves the stations at 12:54, 13:19, 13:44, 14:09 & 14:34 before the game and then at 16:40, 17:00, 17:20 & 17:45 from the stadium.
Onto the game…
Two games, two draws. It has been a solid if frustrating start for the Super Boro despite being unbeaten at this early stage. The main source of that frustration coming from the opening day at home to Newport, where a commanding 3-1 lead was relinquished.
The point at Colchester was in contrast – an improved performance that would have been worthy of a win which means the players should be heading into tomorrow’s game with confidence.
Grimsby have three points after two games thanks to a brilliant 3-1 win at Chesterfield on the opening day. Defeat at home to Coventry last weekend was headlined by a bizarre incident which lead to the opening Sky Blues goal and Russell Slade furious with the referee.
The boss will have welcome selection headaches for Saturday as Jack King remains the lone injury concern as he continues to work back from a groin strain. Ben Kennedy made his first appearance of the season last weekend so is likely to be involved again whilst Matty Godden is edging closer to full fitness and 90 minutes.
View from both camps...
“I saw a progression from Newport to Millwall to Colchester. Hopefully this Saturday will be the day the winning mechanic takes place.
“He (Russell Slade) has managed some massive football clubs. Grimsby will be a good side in the shape that Russell always produces his sides. They will want to pass the football; they will try and play in between the lines, they will all have good movement in terms of their rotation in the attacking side.”
"They are a good strong side and particularly so at home. They will press us, make life difficult for us, and I think he has made some good signings. “
“They’ve got a boy, Newton, who they took from non-league Tamworth, a left-footed striker, who looks lively and capable. In midfield they will be solid and steady away. At the back they’ve got Luke Wilkinson who is a big, strong central defender. And they’ve got threats going forward - there’s no doubt about that.”
Stevenage and Grimsby have only met twice before, both coming last season. After a humbling 5-2 defeat at Blundell Park this time last year, Boro got their revenge at the Lamex in January with a comprehensive 2-0 win.
Can’t make it to The Lamex?
Live match commentary will be available for this game so make sure you subscribe to the new Stevenage iFollow service. If you are based outside of the UK & Ireland, you can stream the game LIVE!
Always stay locked into our Twitter feed on a matchday - it is the #1 place for all the latest from the Lamex.
Let's build a legacy for future generations. Over £300,000 has now been invested in Stevenage FC Mini-Bonds as a way of funding our new North Stand. Find out much more by clicking the image below.