Skip to main content Skip to site footer

Kick off 13:30 (UK)

Buy tickets
29 November 2020 Venue Lamex Stadium Attendance

Kick off 13:30 (UK)

Buy a pass:

Listen live now

Watch live now

Listen or watch live now

Recent results


English FA Cup

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Live commentary of this match has not yet started.

toggle inactive

key moments

Updated at

There are currently no key moments to display.

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

Match Previews

Match Preview: Stevenage vs Hull City

27 November 2020

After an excellent league win on Tuesday, Boro return to FA Cup action at the Lamex Stadium on Sunday with a Round Two clash against League One table toppers, Hull City...

Boro managed to secure their second win of the league campaign on Tuesday, beating Port Vale 2-1 as the Lamex Stadium courtesy of goals from Aramide Oteh and Danny Newton. Manager Alex Revell credited the 'intensity and 'desire' his side showed midweek, and the Boro boss will be looking for more of the same this Sunday in an attempt to cause a major FA Cup upset.

Preview 1.png

Hull City have had recent sucess having been a Premier League team as recent as 2017, where they finished in 18th place and were ultimately relegated. Hull have spent five seasons in the Premier League, having reached the League Cup Semi-Final, FA Cup Final and competed in the Europa League during this time. Since Premier League relegation the 'Tigers' have struggled, dropping down to League One for the first time in 15 years as a result of Championship relegation last season, finishing in 24th place.

Preview 2.png

The Stevenage squad is looking in good shape with very few injury issues to report. Only Jack Aitchison and Elliot Osborne, who recently suffered an ankle injury are out of contention.

Preview 3.png

Referee: Sam Allison
Assistant Referee 1: Alistair Nelson
Assistant Referee 2: Aaron Farmer
Fourth Official: Robert Whitton

Preview 4.png

Stevenage boss Alex Revell said, ''They are on fire at the minute and we are going to have to be ready for that. We will have to make sure the energy levels are the same but the players will have come away from Port Vale knowing they have put in a top performance. It’s the FA Cup and we love it and hopefully we can produce a cup shock.”
Hull City manager Grant McCann said, "It would be nice to get into the third round but we have to take care of Stevenage first. We have got a good squad and we want to have a good run in the FA Cup. It's frustrating that we can't get our fans in at this present time as we would love their support, but we are happy to see fans reappearing in grounds. Hopefully in a couple of weeks we will have the support of our fans inside the stadium again."

Preview 7.png

Sunday's Second Round 1:30pm kick-off will be broadcasted in full across BBC iPlayer and the BBC Sport Website/App. Live video updates will also be shown on BBC Final Score throughout the afternoon.


Article image esports arena.png


Advertisement block

Match Reports

Report: Stevenage 1-1 Hull City (Stevenage win 6-5 on penalties)

29 November 2020

The Third Round awaits...

Stevenage secured a place in Round Three of the FA Cup after beating League One leaders Hull City 6-5 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in normal time.  

Alex Revell made four changes to the side that beat Port Vale midweek, as Ben Coker, Terence Vancooten, Tyrone Marsh and Arthur Iontton all came in for Luther James-Wildin, Scott Cuthbert, Jack Smith and Romain Vincelot.

Both sides enjoyed spells of possession within the opening minutes, as Martin Samuelsen’s glanced header and Arthur Iontton’s long range effort produced easy saves for both keepers. 

Boro settled into the game well, forcing a young Hull City side back on numerous occasions as a corner forced by Aramide Oteh fell to Danny Newton, heading just over the bar.  

Stevenage were playing the better football in the opening 15 minutes, coming close once more with a low-drilled Remeao Hutton cross finding Newton who was intercepted at the final moment by a Hull defender.  

Hull had a fantastic chance of their own seconds later, with Tom Eaves shrugging off Terence Vancooten before unleashing a strike that was expertly saved by Jamie Cumming. 

Newton was finding his rhythm early on, wriggling past numerous Hull defenders in the box before crossing into an unmarked Charlie Cater, whose volley hit the ground and was eventually cleared to safety.   

This contest produced end-to-end football as Thomas Mayer’s diagonal ball found Samueslen unmarked inside the Boro box, heading just wide of Cumming’s goal.  

Oteh produced an excellent save from George Long on the 30 minute mark, stinging the gloves of the Hull keeper with a ferocious long range effort.  

 Newton produced another fine Long stop from the resulting corner as Boro continued to dominate the League One table toppers, asking all the questions.  

Hull had the final chance of the half after 40 minutes, as James Scott’s mazy run on the right hand side ended in a superb save from Cumming to deny the Hull striker. 

Stevenage certainly held their own in the half but conceded a penalty early in the second half, with Arthur Iontton’s outstretched boot taking down Scott. Tom Eaves stepped up to take the penalty, scoring emphatically to give the visitors a second half lead.  

Boro came close to an equaliser soon after with Hutton’s floated cross sailing over Tom Pett but reaching Newton, tamely shooting into the gloves of Long from point-blank range.  

Samuelsen saw a long-range volley sail wide and substitute Keane Lewis- Potter had a free-kick saved by Cumming as the hosts began to feel comfortable in the contest, pushing Boro back with attacking moves of their own.  

Boro continued to press and found a leveller through substitute Elliott List on 78 minutes. Carter forced an opening into the Hull box and a scramble resulted in List finding space and releasing a powerful strike into the top corner, leaving Long in the Hull goal helpless.  

Hull nearly nicked the game on 85 minutes, with a long ball finding Samuelsen on the edge of the Boro box, firing over much to Boro’s relief.  

The game went to extra time and the first chance went to Boro, as a piledriver released by Newton had to be tipped over by Long. 

The battle between Eaves and Vancooten continued, with Vancooten winning many of the duels against the experienced striker, a positive for Alex Revell going forward.  

Newton continued to pose a threat for the visitors as the second half of extra-time commenced, twisting and turning into the Hull box before being closed down. 

 There were no goals in extra-time, meaning the contest had to be settled via a penalty shootout.  

Sean McLoughlin missed the crucial penalty, with Jamie Cumming the penalty shootout hero as Stevenage knock out League One leaders Hull City to secure a place in the FA Cup Third Round.  

Advertisement block

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account