Ahead of Saturday's trip to Forest Green Rovers, we spoke to reporter Ash Loveridge for some insight into Stevenage's upcoming opponents...
- How would you assess FGR’s start to the season so far?
"Impressive. Unbeaten to date and starting to find their shooting boots after an emphatic 4-1 win at struggling Scunthorpe United last time out. Revered as the best passing side in League Two, Mark Cooper's side have added some real experience this season in seasoned striker Jamille Matt and the all-action Elliott Woodhouse who has returned following a six-game suspension."
- Is the club’s aim this season to achieve automatic promotion?
"Yes, promotion is certainly the goal for ambitious chairman Dale Vince. Despite the uncertain climate, Vince has backed Mark Cooper to the hilt and Rovers are well placed to make the jump up a division."
- How realistic do you think this goal is?
"Personally, I think this is going to be Rovers' season of success. The pressure is off without a crowd and this inturn allows the players to relax somewhat and play without the fear-factor."
- What can you tell us about Jack Aitchison, who joined Stevenage on loan last week, after his spell at FGR last year?
"The wee man was a huge success at FGR. A real game-changer and a fans' favourite during his loan spell from Celtic. Comfortable at N10 or as a striker with a clinical finish as good as I have seen in League Two."
- Who is the one player to watch out for on Saturday?.
"Fresh from his hat-trick last week it has got to be red-hot striker Jamille Matt."
- Finally, what’s your score prediction?
"I will go for FGR 2 Stevenage 1."
Saturday's match is available for supporters to watch LIVE! Please click here for more information.